We are offering in-person worship at 5:00 pm Saturday and 10:00 am Sunday.
We are asking people to preregister for in-person worship. Preregistration can be done online (click the button below) or by calling the office (413.448.8276) before Thursday at 4:00 PM for the coming Saturday or Sunday. Preregistration helps us better manage numbers and contact tracing, if necessary. We currently are able to have 50 people attend each service.
What to Expect at Worship
Modifications to the Worship Space
- All services will be in the large church.
- We will maintain social distancing through roping off pews that cannot be sat in for a particular service.
- We will alternate pews that are used for each service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances.
- Contact surface disinfecting will be done between services.
- Restrooms are single occupancy and available for emergencies only.
Upon Arriving to Attend a Service
- The greeter will ask you how you are feeling today.
- If you are not feeling well, please return home and come back when you are feeling better.
- You must wear a mask. If you do not have one the greeter can provide one for you.
- The greeter will ask your name and check the preregistration list.
- If you have not preregistered, the greeter will need to get contact information from you:
- Phone Number and/or
- Email address
- We can only accommodate a maximum of 50 people per service, so those who have pre-registered will be seated first.
Modifications to Worship Design
- Eucharist will be celebrated; instructions will be provided at the service.
- Offering plates are placed at the door and are not passed.
- The “peace” is not physically passed.
- At this time we are not allowed to sing hymns, but Joy Mullen will be playing the organ for the 10:00 am service.
- The same person will read the scripture lesson, lead the psalm, and offer the Prayers of the People at a given service.
- We will design the services to be about 40 minutes or less.
- There will be no acolytes, altar servers, or choir assisting in worship.
This a peculiar time in the church and the world. We are learning much as we go. We are depending on the love, wisdom, and presence of God each step of the way, but this pretty much describes my life even before the pandemic.
Whether “in-person” or in our homes we can hold each other in our prayers knowing that it is God that connects us one to the other.
Some Additional Notes
The parish office is open standard business hours – Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
St. Stephen’s Table continues to offer a “grab & go” meal Thursday and Friday evenings and the fourth Saturday of each month. We will not have indoor seating in the near future.
The 6:30 PM Friday AA meeting has resumed. All other AA and NA meetings remain suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions.