Welcome to St. Stephen’s! Thank you for your understanding and patience as we observe the following protocols:
Revised May 8, 2022
Please wear a mask when inside the building. Given the recent rise in local risk levels as determined by the CDC, the parish leadership has revised our health and safety protocols. Please wear a mask at all times when inside the church or Parish House. If you do not have a mask, disposable surgical masks are available upon request.
Singing while masked is an option. Congregants are asked to sing “gently” in consideration of those around them.
These safeguards will remain in place for the time being:
- Social distancing, including every-other-pew seating.
- Services will be shortened as best as possible.
- Limited number of people at the altar.
- Non-contact passing of the peace.
- No coffee hour.
- The 10 AM Sunday service will continue to be live-streamed on our website (view it on the home page) with a recording available later in the day on YouTube.
In-Person Gatherings Other Than Sunday Worship
- Groups may resume in-person meetings in the building.
- Masks are required when inside the building.
- The Allen Street entrance will remain locked during business hours.
Sunday School and Nursery
Unfortunately given the uptick in COVID cases and the risks posed by COVID variants, we aren’t equipped to offer Sunday school or Nursery safely. (At least not at this time.)
We would LOVE to have you and your children join us on Sundays for church, and children are ALWAYS welcome to be part of worship in the sanctuary. Family Seating has been set aside for those with children and younger teens (in the last rows of the sanctuary). Parents, please come and go as your child needs to – though we ask that children be accompanied at all times.
Many of us are finding ourselves in situations where we think “hmm…I wonder if I need to be tested for COVID?”
Learn about testing guidelines here and find where you can get tested here.
Most COVID testing is free and painless, and it can help slow the spread of the disease in our county.
COVID remains a threat in our Berkshires community. Massachusetts offers a helpful resource known as VaxFinder which can help you easily book appointments for your vaccine and booster shot. The COVID-19 vaccine and booster are free, safe, and effective.