Welcome to St. Stephen’s! Thank you for your understanding and patience as we observe the following protocols:
Revised August 5, 2022
Masks are now optional in all areas of the building. Please keep in mind the following:
- It is always ok to wear a mask at church.
- Do not come to church if you’re feeling sick or have had a known exposure.
- Please mask in the church if you’re unsure of your exposure status.
- Masked or unmasked, please sing “gently” in consideration of those around you.
Please note that a change in local risk levels as determined by the CDC may require parish leadership to revise these health and safety protocols once again.
These safeguards will remain in place for the time being:
- Social distancing, including every-other-pew seating.
- A limited number of people will be at the altar.
- Non-contact passing of the peace.
- No wine at communion.
- The 10 AM Sunday service will continue to be live-streamed on our website (view it on the home page) with a recording available later in the day on YouTube.
In-Person Gatherings Other Than Sunday Worship
- Groups may continue in-person meetings in the building.
- Masks are optional inside the building.
- The Allen Street entrance will remain locked during business hours.
Sunday School and Nursery
Unfortunately given the uptick in COVID cases and the risks posed by COVID variants, we aren’t equipped to offer Sunday school or Nursery safely. (At least not at this time.)
We would LOVE to have you and your children join us on Sundays for church, and children are ALWAYS welcome to be part of worship in the sanctuary. Family Seating has been set aside for those with children and younger teens (in the last rows of the sanctuary). Parents, please come and go as your child needs to – though we ask that children be accompanied at all times.
Many of us are finding ourselves in situations where we think “hmm…I wonder if I need to be tested for COVID?”
Learn about testing guidelines here and find where you can get tested here.
Most COVID testing is free and painless, and it can help slow the spread of the disease in our county.
COVID remains a threat in our Berkshires community. Massachusetts offers a helpful resource known as VaxFinder which can help you easily book appointments for your vaccine and booster shot. The COVID-19 vaccine and booster are free, safe, and effective.